Friday, May 19, 2006

Don't get lost in Baltimore

This couple got lost trying to get out of downtown Baltimore after an Orioles game. Having grown up in Maryland, I know that that part of Bawlmer can be hard to navigate, as well as be a very dangerous part of town, with lots of drug-infested housing projects just blocks away.

Instead of helping them out, Officer Natalie Preston arrested them for trespassing on a public street. They spent eight hours in jail, then were released without being charged. Their car, which was towed to impound and left unlocked, was burglarized.

Officer Preston gets my vote for Jack-Booted Thug Of The Week. Way to perform that public service.

I hope the couple's lawyer rips the city a new one for the multiple Constitutional violations this good officer visited on them.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your site is on top of my favourites - Great work I like it.
»