Wednesday, September 12, 2007

The face of evil - Remember it

Here is a picture of my "neighbor", who is a cowardly, pathetic bully and a poor excuse for a human being:

Regular readers of this blog will recall that I wrote the following on March 20, 2007, as part of a longer piece on women using a firearm to protect themselves from perpetrators of domestic violence:

"A personal side note: I have a neighbor that lives a short distance from me. When he first arrived, my other neighbors and I noticed a lot of strange behavior from him, such as telling us that he had just been divorced after having been married for just one month. It wasn't so much the fact of that, it was how he told the story that rang alarm bells for us. We just got a "feeling" that something wasn't right. At a party we had soon after he moved in, he showed up so extremely drunk that he asked me six times which house was mine, even though we were sitting 20 feet away from it, and I pointed it out each time.

Soon after, we found out that he had been arrested for beating his wife badly after arriving home to his previous house in a drunken state. Because of this and the drunken party incident, I decided to go to court for his hearing to see the facts for myself, as we have a large number of small children in our neighborhood, and the parents were concerned about a possibly habitual drunk driver.

At the court hearing, he pleaded guilty to 5th degree domestic assault, and admitted that his blood alcohol level was .27 (!) when he was arrested. Fortunately for him, he wasn't caught actually driving, but he admitted driving before the incident. What really disturbed me was that there were SIX women there to testify that he had beat them severely during his relationships with them as well. This is not innuendo or rumor. I met these women and sat with them during the hearing. This was not a "he said, she said" incident in which the facts are gray about one incident, and one or both parties may be stretching the truth. This man is a drunken serial batterer.

Some of my neighbors, as well as my wife, feel that I am being "too hard" on this man by refusing to talk to him, wave to him, or have anything to do with him. They feel that because we are "neighbors" that I should let bygones be bygones and attempt to be cordial with him.

Not going to happen. Every time I look at that thug I see all of the women he brutalized, as well as imagine how the above story could happen with him, and I will not EVER associate with that kind of scumbag. If that makes me a lousy neighbor, so be it.

Oh, by the way, he is a public safety employee, which I believe got him a lot of leeway with the judge. There's that "fairness" thing again. He hasn't quit drinking, either."

Sadly, my instincts about this leopard not changing his spots has been proven correct. Peter Bernard Zenk, a Minneapolis Fire Department captain, has been arrested for felony child abuse after "allegedly" beating his 16-month old son so badly that he had to be hospitalized. There are also allegations that he beat his live-in girlfriend, the mother of the child, as well. Zenk has now been placed on leave from the fire department.

Way to go, scumbag. Let's see you worm your way out of this one.

If anyone sees this piece of crap skulking around their neighborhood, be very cautious. Zenk is a violent drunk who seems to enjoy abusing women and small children.

UPDATE 10/21/2008: The latest information I have about this case is here. Welcome to all of the new visitors. I hope you stay around awhile.


7 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's too bad we don't see in the news the full story. The allegations of him beating his girlfriend are true. I know an inside source. He had the audacity to kick her in the face while she was on the ground cleaning up a dog mess he was upset about. A short time later that dog was dead. Sounds like some of the early stories about big name serial killers. He needs to go to jail and stay there.

Anonymous said...

The despicable behavior of Peter Zenk should serve as a reminder that there are indeed moral standards that even the most hardened Moral Relativist must accept. Everyone seems to have, at some level at least, a personal sense of right and wrong, good and evil. However, those who would think nothing of spreading slanderous gossip jump on Zenk with both feet. Those who would not hesitate to cheat on their taxes join the chorus of outrage against Zenk. And those who wouldn’t think twice about having an extramarital affair stand ready to condemn Zenk in the strongest terms. It is easy to judge one who has committed such an obvious outrage, but we are not so quick to condemn our own moral failures. We certainly are selective, aren’t we? Zenk’s case should remind us of our own personal capacity for evil, and of our ability to creatively rationalize our own immoral behaviors, whatever they may be. Theologically speaking, everyone has violated the Law of the Almighty, and there is a day coming when He will administer perfect justice. I am not excusing Zenk; I believe that, if convicted, his punishment should be administered to the fullest extent. I’m just saying that in the eyes of the Almighty, we all stand as condemned as Zenk, and should be asking ourselves if we really want God’s justice to be administered evenly and fairly. In the end, there is only One Hope for all of us, yes, even for Peter Zenk.

Anonymous said...

I am a sister of one of the girls peter zenk went out with and beat up i hope he goes to jail for a very long time . i also hope when he is in jail he gets to know what it is like to be taken advantage of men in jail dont like people who hurt kids.

Anonymous said...

Good news, Peter Bernard Zenk was found guilty for hitting his son. His sentencing has yet to come.
Thank God, Justice is Done!!!!
October 17, 2008

Anonymous said...

s b - Zenk is guilty - this is not slander, it is now fact proven in court. 'Slapping' a child however, is not what he did. He PUNCHED the child in the head until the child passed out so he could keep it quiet while continuing to drink himself into a stuppor.

Zenk's sister also has what are known as 'Whisky' plates. These plates are only given to people who have been convicted twice in 10 years of DUIs or driving under the influence of alcohol at .20 or higher. The family obviously has issues and they need help, but after having seen Peter drunk out of his mind and seeing his violent behavior in such a state, the safest place for him to be is behind bars.

I only hope that in the sentencing he goes to jail and actually serves time.

Anonymous said...

Pete was convicted of two felonies for hitting my son. He was sent directly to jail per the order of the judge for a psych evaluation. I have yet to get an answer from the MFD. as to whether he will loose his city job. I want to thank all involved for their help. I have learned so many things over the last year about Pete that my heart goes out to everyone that has had any connection to his acts of abuse. The fact that he denied any abuse is not to surprising, but the fact that his sister who reached out to me after pete kicked me in the head and told me about the abuse that she endured from her ex husband, is just a testament that there is a lot of abuse, and covering up going on in that family. Shame on you. FYI the whiskey plates are from the father. My friend said it best in that his mother is the one to blame for all this. She has covered for her son so many times and has taught her daughters to cover for him as well, but fate has caught up to the bastard. I don't think any amount of counseling can help him, and I really feel sorry for his next victim. Again, I would like to thank all who were involved with this case. This was a victory not just for my son and I, but for all the victims that were never heard. Thank you

Anonymous said...

I am so happy to see that Pete was finally convicted for something he has done! He has a long history of abuse, alcoholism, lying, cheating, etc.. and gets away with it! I am sorry to see he won't be locked up for a longer time period. I know firsthand what a scumbag he is, but I was fortunate enough to get away from him without being hurt physically. I thank God every day for that! I hope for everyone's sake that his days of abuse to women and children are over! I hope, too, that his family will finally quit covering for him and see him for what he really is and that they will all get some help!