Tuesday, December 11, 2007

It's true - God helps those who help themselves

Memo

To: Pamela Fickenscher, associate pastor of the Edina Community Lutheran Church, and David Lillehaug, former U.S. Attorney and current plaintiff's lawyer for Edina Lutheran as well as various other churches suing the State of Minnesota because they wish to ban guns in their buildings and parking lots, without actually notifying people or putting up signs as required by law.

From: Matthew J. Murray, deranged shooter whose murder spree was stopped right in its tracks by a parishioner with a concealed weapons permit working as a volunteer security usher at the New Life Church in Colorado Springs, Colorado.

Re: Your statements that "Our entire church property is a place of peace and sanctuary, not a place for firearms" (Fichenscher) and "(churches) shouldn't have to have ushers at the door demanding compliance with the state firearms law" (Lillehaug).




OMG guys, I agree with you 100%! I really wish this New Life place had run with your idea and gone to court themselves for a restraining order that would let them ban legally armed worshippers from entering their buildings, without going to the trouble of actually letting said worshippers know that they were banned. I had mistakenly thought that the people at New Life had the same opinion as the six Minnesota Lutheran Bishops who said that "We believe the presence of firearms on Lutheran church property, unless carried by government peace officers on official business or on land designated for hunting purposes, is entirely inconsistent with the Lutheran church's theology, mission and worship practices".

Boy, is my face red with what blood is left in my body!! I totally thought I was going to get away with slaughtering a great mass of people for some unknown and insane reason, and that darn volunteer, Jeanne Assam, just up and ruined all of my plans. I only managed to kill two innocent teenage girls before she stopped me with a few well-placed shots, and I just think that's really unfair, as I had brought so much more ammunition. What a waste of bullets!

Anyway, keep up the good work. I won't be able to meet you in person, as I am currently deceased, but maybe some other random mental case will be able to take advantage of your welcoming policies sometime soon.

Yours,

Matt

No comments: