Wednesday, October 15, 2008

You know the service sucks when the providers don't want to use the service

One branch of the National Health Service in England has been caught spending $24,000 of taxpayer money to hire private physical therapists for those on their staff who need them, instead of using their own in-house ones:

"'Staff must meet very precise criteria to receive the service, which offers good value for money as it helps them get back to work quickly so they can continue to provide high quality care to our patients'" (emphasis mine)

So they're basically admitting with that statement that their own operation doesn't offer "good value". When I was in practice, I always wanted my co-workers to treat me, as I knew that I would get the best in care from people I trusted and respected. That's not apparently the case here.

"Mark Wallace of the TaxPayers' Alliance said: 'Their staff should have to wait like everybody else.
Perhaps if they experienced it as their customers - that is the taxpayer - experienced it, they might be a little keener to improve their waiting times.'"


Makes perfect sense to me.

Anyone still want quality socialized health care like this?

No comments: