Wednesday, November 26, 2008

A snapshot of life

November 26, 2008
D'Ambrosio Salon, Scottsdale, Arizona
1:00 p.m.

While sitting in the local hair-care emporium this afternoon waiting for my appointment (yes, my gorgeous locks need that level of maintenance), I overheard the following comment from an elderly lady, apparently quite the spitfire, who had just entered the establishment:

"Did you know that there are parking spots out there marked "expectant mother parking only"? I've never heard of such a thing. What a load of crap that is!

Bravo to her for showing such an independent spirit. She is noticeably different than the lady at my YMCA who parks in one of the handicapped spots, then enters to take her Zumba class (high-energy dance aerobics), followed by Power Yoga (intermediate to advanced level). I know this because I take the same classes she does, and it's my learned opinion that there's nothing handicapped about her (except maybe mentally, for taking a space that the many truly physically challenged members at that location need).

1 comment:

Seth said...

This is why you need hard-to-remove stickers that say "morally handicapped doesn't count."