Monday, September 21, 2009

A bald-faced lie

"'Frankly, it's not really something I've followed closely,' Obama said. 'I didn't even know that ACORN was getting a whole lot of federal money.'"

Our President, commenting on the burgeoning ACORN scandal while appearing yesterday on ABC's This Week.

Contrast this statement with one of the Messiah's previous utterances, taken straight from his propaganda website:

"I come out of a grassroots organizing background. That's what I did for three and half years before I went to law school. That's the reason I moved to Chicago was to organize. So this is something that I know personally, the work you do, the importance of it. I've been fighting alongside ACORN on issues you care about my entire career. Even before I was an elected official, when I ran Project Vote voter registration drive in Illinois, ACORN was smack dab in the middle of it, and we appreciate your work.” (Emphasis mine)

We're expected to swallow being informed by the Messiah that an organization loyal to him and to which he has very old and close ties (and one to which his campaign paid out $800,000 for services rendered during last fall's election) has been booted from working on the upcoming Census after specifically being made a key partner in that event by his own administration, is in the process of being stripped of every cent of its Federal funding by Congress and is currently being slowly roasted alive by some responsible media journalists, and these are developments that he's not "following closely"?

You are a liar, sir, and not even a particularly good one.

We can't wait to find out what other unchallenged whoppers you're going to be allowed to spew on your talks show appearance tonight.

No comments: