Friday, October 09, 2009

"For what", indeed

President Obama has somehow been awarded the Nobel Peace Prize, even though the nomination period for the award closed a scant 12 days after his inauguration, so it would appear that the world-changing work that put him ahead of the 204 other nominees stems from his two years as a back-bencher U.S. Senator.

What an absolute travesty. At least the people who nominated Jimmy Carter could point to something Carter had done, however impotent and useless it ultimately turned out to be, in order to justify giving him a Nobel nod.

The "Messiah" label seems especially appropriate today, that's for darn sure.

Pfui on the whole issue.


UPDATE: A very nice lady, who happens to be a fellow YMCA member, has the following to say on the subject: "I'm a liberal, I love the man, but even I can't justify this".

1 comment:

Ken Hood said...

I *just* finished talking with a friend on the phone about this, and said exactly what you said... almost word for word. Even the Jimmy Carter comments. Unbelievable. I think America may be on the same page on this.

Well said. I may blog on this in my personal blog and link to your post as saying it the best.

Thanks.