Sunday, September 06, 2009

Very nicely done

A letter to the editor of the Arizona Daily Sun:



To the editor:

I carry a gun everywhere I go in Flagstaff. I carry at the bank, I carry at the grocery store, I carry when I go check the mail. Any business with a sign that says "no weapons" does not get my business. I do not have a permit to carry a gun, as you do not need one in our great state. I carry a gun for one reason; guns save lives. According to a study by The University of Florida a person defends himself with a gun every 53 seconds. According to the NCIPC, a homicide is committed with a gun every 48 minutes.

I would like local businesses in our community to wake up and realize what restricting guns does. Criminals do not obey rules. It seems a simple fact, yet businesses in our community still post "no weapons" signs. Criminals will ignore your sign while people lawfully possessing a weapon will follow your rule. Posting a "no weapons" sign is as good as a "come rob me, no one will stop you" sign.

The day I need a gun to solve a problem is going to be a terrible day, but much better than the day I needed a gun to solve a problem and I didn't have one. I'm not strong enough to carry a cop on my back, so I carry a gun on my hip.

Get smart, Flagstaff; arm yourself.

TYLER MATTHEWS

Flagstaff


Well put indeed, Mr. Matthews.

1 comment:

Warthog said...

That is a fantastic letter.